What can I do if my bill is higher than usual?

The first thing to do is call the office (757-787-3363) and confirm the amount of the bill and consumption.

If those are both correct and you still believe the bill is too high, we will check for a leak.  You can request a leak monitoring by completing the form found here and in the form library. Water Meter Monitoring

After the monitoring is complete, you will have a good idea if you have a leak.  If you have a leak, at your instruction, we will leave the water turned on or we will turn it off if you wish.

When the leak is fixed, we will happily come back and perform another monitoring.

If your first monitoring shows that there is no leak, you will be required to pay your full bill.

This is the policy the town employees are required to follow.  Leak Adjustment Policy.

Review the policy and we can work with you within the policy.

If you are unable to pay your entire bill, we may be able to set up a payment plan for you.

If after all communication with the Town, you are still not satisfied with the decision, you can appeal to the Town Council.  Simply complete this Utility Appeal form and we will schedule a time to discuss your issue.  Their decision is final.

Water and Sewer Information


Hampton Roads Sanitation District
Stephen Ray
Office: (757) 787-4274
After Hours or Emergency: (757) 710-5863

Town of Onancock – Drinking Water
Victor Talbot

Water Technician
Office: 757-787-3363
After Hours or Emergency: 757-302-9116